Hello, while TerrainControl is a great Plugin, it is even more so Complicated.
We, the TerrainControl Community, are always willing to give a helping hand, but to do so, its good if you follow a few guidelines. We will probably help you even if you dont use this at all. But these guidelines are there to help you. Not us.
Problems with TerrainControl in as Plugin:
Basically, if Terraincontrol doesnt work, at all. The bare minimum you should provide is:
1. Which Versions are you using? TerrainControl for Forge or Bukkit/Spigot and in the best Case the exact BuildNumber.
2. Log-Files if Terraincontrol fails to load, there can be quite some Problems, ranging from faulty Configs, to Faulty Objects, to almost anything. The Best thing you can do is to provide a full start-up Log of your Server/Client.
Problems with your Biomes/Settings:
If you create your world, there a hundreds of Settings that will work together to create your World. Different Settings, in Different Places might still produce the same Result, as the saying goes:
Many Roads lead to Rome.
But this is also a double edged sword. Because any undesired result may also have quite some sources.
So please provide at least these things:
1. Information - Be as Detailed as possible. What Happens? What Should Happen? What Biomes are Involved? Is it a Rare Occurance? Does it Happen all the time?
2. Screenshots - Its easier to make a Screenshot and Explain what is Wrong. If you want something Specific to happen instead, you can also Provide a Sketch that shows what you want. Then we can even help you to Achieve that in addition to just fix your Problem.
3. BiomeConfig.bc - Most of the Problems come from here. But without it, we can only Guess what setting might cause your Problem
4. WorldConfig.ini - Some Problems can result of "strange" settings in the WorldConfig. While it is not always the Culprit, some exotic Problems might lay here, its faster if one can take a Look there.
Problems with your Objects:
Rarely you have Problems with your Objects, most of the time they Sort of Work. But not always.
1. Information - See above.
2. Screenshots - See above.
3. The Object itself - See above.
Usefull for Providing Configs:
If you provide ConfigFiles please do so with a service like:
There we can just open them Remotely.
In Rare cases where one would need the whole WorldConfig because everything is broken, you should Zip it, because that would also need some more testing.
I can Understand the Reluctance to show specific Configs/Objects of your Project, but to help you, the more we can take a Look at stuff and maybe even test it out. The Faster we can Help you.
If you need 15 replies back and forth because we need to guess the source of the Problem, then the process of fixing the Problem could take weeks. Because we dont live at the Forums.
Also, I think I can speak for most of the People here: The People who frequent this Forums are not in need of Stealing other Peoples work.
Also: If someone with more Knowledge of Forge wants to Add something please do. I hope this Helps.
Edit: Also if the ForumStaff approves of this, it would be Awesome for a Pin. Right below the Ressource Index.